If you have a sore on the bottom of your foot, you may qualify for a research study.
STRIDE is a study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of aclerastide, a topical study gel or placebo in treating non-healing foot ulcers in subjects with diabetes when applied once a day for up to four weeks.
- The purpose of the study is to determine if aclerastide is effective in increasing incidence of complete wound closure at 10 weeks, confirmed at a visit 2 weeks later, when compared to the vehicle (gel without active ingredient) in subjects with diabetes who have chronic foot ulcers, 0.75 – 6 cm2 in size.
- Results from the study will be shared with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to seek formal approval of the topical study gel to treat diabetic foot ulcers.
You may qualify if you:
- Have stable Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes
- Are at least 18 years old
- Have had an ulcer or open sore on the bottom of your foot for one month to one year